Fundamentals of Duelyst:
- Play a large amount of 2-drops. Missing a 2-Drop leads to game loss in many cases
- Games are decided by 5 mana
- Your hand size will trend downward as the game progress. Tempo > Card Advantage.
- Playing on Curve is the bread-and-butter of Duelyst
- Run at least 9 2-Drops. Kolos prefers 11. 9 2-Drops gives you a 90% chance of having an opening play. 12 raises it to 95%
- Common 2 Drops are
- Healing Mystic
- Azure Herald
- Shiro Puppy Dragon
- Primus Fist
- We Skip 3 drops because player 1 can get mana tile on their 2nd turn and player 2 will always have 4 mana on turn 2.
- Play at least 6 4-Drops.
- Dioltas/Sunsteel – Board Presense
- L’kian/Spelljammer – Card draw
- 1 3-of to top your curve
- 5 Mana is the start of late game
Op Faction Cards
- Faction Cards should contribute directly to the strategy of your deck. If they don’t you should consider switching factions.
- Holy Immolation/Makantor Warbeast/Spectral Revenant
- Most Minions in Duelyst are must-answer.
- Dispel – Shroud, Lightbender, Replusor Beast.
- Pings and AOE – Bloodtear Alchemist, Blistering Skorn, Tempest
New Player Decks